Whether you’re new to social media, or have been using it for a while, this workshop covers the what’s, why’s and how’s of social media and helps fill in the gaps in your overall strategy and implementation plan.
Date: Saturday, October 12, 2013
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Lunch is included
Seating limited to 30
There’s a lot of social media activity around Hawai‘i these days. Usage of social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest are at an all time high. Don’t be left behind!
- Getting started in social media for your business:
- What is social media?
- General principles and mindsets
- The anatomy of a social media strategy
- Do’s and don’t’s
- What to think about when planning a social media campaign
- Social media etiquette
- Why your website and your blog are the same thing
- Introduction to the blog as the website
- Where your blogsite fits into the overall landscape of your social media strategy
- High level introduction to the current popular social networks—setting up accounts, profile management and basic best practices in:
- High level tour of some of the more popular social media apps on the iPhone and iPad.
Laptops welcome, but not required as part of the workshop. Bring them if you like using them to take notes. (This is not a follow-along workshop.)
Peter Liu Biography