Maui is also home to the impressive Haleakala High Altitude Observatory Site, a hotbed for research and development at the Maui Space Surveillance Site (MSSS) electrooptical facility, and the University of Hawaii Institute for Astronomy. At the 10,023 feet summit of the long dormant volcano Haleakala, operational satellite tracking facilities are co-located with a research and development facility providing superb data acquisition and communication support. The high elevation, dry climate, and freedom from light pollution offer virtually year-round observation of satellites, missiles, man-made orbital debris, and astronomical objects.
- MEDB’s Pitch Bootcamp gets people talking business.
- Maka Hou Lānaʻi – Take your business from concept to creation
- 3rd Annual Made In Maui County Festival aims to grow Maui County’s small businesses
- Lānaʻi business owners get tips on taking control of their business finances
- InnovateHER and StartUp Weekend Winners pitch their business ideas to Senator Mazie Hirono
Connect with us