Protecting Your Business from Outsiders and Insiders
You are invited to attend a seminar by prominent corporate attorneys on startup companies. Most of the new jobs in America are created by small businesses, and the community needs to support them to improve their chances for success and job creation. Learn how to avoid legal pitfalls that could threaten your company and take up precious time and resources.
Thursday, January 15, 2015
|8:30 am – 9:00 am||Registration|
|9:00 am – 10:45 am||Seminar|
|11:00 am – 11:45 am||Break Out Session One|
|11:45 am – 12:30 pm||Break Out Session Two|
MEDB’s Malcolm Center
1305 N. Holopono Street, Suite 5 in Kihei
Admission is $20
Space is limited
What You Will Learn
- What type of legal entity should I form?
- What are the advantages of an S corporation over an LLC?
- Is it easy to convert from one type of legal entity to another if I want to make a change?
- What are some of the key terms that should go into my small business legal documents?
- How do I address possible deadlocks and disagreements within my S corporation or LLC?
- How do I protect my company name?
- What are some possible techniques to reduce the tax liability on my S corporation or LLC?
Following the seminar, we will be offering small group breakout sessions. You can pick any two out of the following four topics to attend:
- Getting The Capital You Need: Crowdfunding, Angel Investment and Other Tools
- Tax Considerations For Small Business: Keeping More of Your Money
- Intellectual Property For Small Business: Don’t Let Your Crown Jewels Go Away
- When The Rubber Hits The Road: Managing Decisions and Disputes Within Your S Corporation or LLC
Gregory Kim – Partner at Convergent Law Group LLP
Concentrates in the areas of corporate and securities law; and specializes in mergers and acquisitions, startups, venture capital, technology and licensing agreements.
Chris Mashiba – Partner in the tax department of Cades Schutte
Practices in the areas of federal and state tax planning for businesses and individuals and resolving federal and state tax audits.
Darren Nunn – Partner at McCorriston Miller Mukai MacKinnon
Practices in start-up issues, venture capital financings, mergers and acquisitions, securities law matters, corporate governance and other business transactions.
Catherin Taschner – Associate at McCorriston Miller Mukai MacKinnon
Practices in the areas of real estate development, commercial leasing, and general corporate transactions.
Click here to register: https://www.hightechmaui.com/confregister/1_form-legaltoolkit.cfm