MEDB in conjunction with Hawaii Renewable Energy Development Venture (HREDV) will be hosting a Strategic Proposal Development Workshop targeting Department of Energy funding on:
Date: Tuesday, March 27th
Location: Malcolm Center, 1305 N. Holopono St., Suite 5, Kihei
Cost: $25 (Includes lunch)
After registering, please take a quick online survey. This survey is an opportunity for workshop attendees to provide feedback on which funding opportunities they would like to see reviewed in the workshop. The survey takes approximately 5 minutes to complete.
The HREDV Strategic Proposal Writing Workshop will focus on 1-2 currently open Department of Energy (DOE) Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOA) pre-selected by workshop attendees. Attendees will have an opportunity to have their draft proposal materials (concept papers and/or abstracts) reviewed in one-on- one sessions with workshop instructors to learn how to strategically improve their proposal application and increase their chances of winning DOE funding.
During the morning session, instructors will:
- Describe the DOE Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) process and standard proposal content;
- Give background on how DOE evaluates and selects proposals for funding; and
- Provide tips and tricks for writing a winning proposal.
During the afternoon session, instructors will:
- Provide specific information on how to develop a winning application under each FOA and its requirements; and
- Hold one-on-one sessions to assist workshop attendees in strategically improving their proposal to target DOE Programmatic Objectives and achieve a high score from DOE Merit Reviewers.
At least one of the workshops is expected to focus on the current ARPA-E “Open FOA” (Funding Opportunity No. DE-FOA-0000670). ARPA-E issued this $150 million funding opportunity open to all transformational energy technologies. MANDATORY Notices of Intent are due by March 30th, with Concept Papers due April 12th. Companies must submit a separate NOI for each Concept Paper through ARPA-E eXCHANGE by the March 30th deadline if they wish to apply for funding.