Developing the Blueprint for the Utility of the Future
Join us for a thoughtful discussion on The Electric Utility of the Future on March 26-28, 2014 at the Maui Arts & Cultural Center in Maui, Hawaii.
The conference will welcome nationally recognized energy policy leaders and businesses to talk openly and frankly about the country’s rapidly changing energy landscape and its implications for power utilities, policymakers and consumers.
Showcase your organization
Book your hotel
Special rates available.
Invite a friend
Share a copy of the
Keynote presentations by:
Ron Binz, Former Chief, Colorado Public Utilities Commission
Constance Lau, President and Chief Executive Officer, Hawaiian Electric Industries, Inc. (HEI)
Conference topics include:
- The “traditional utility” structure: What does it look like, and why does it face unprecedented challenges?
- What are the key drivers that are shifting the energy paradigm?
- Do ownership structures such as coops or municipal utilities better serve our needs?
- How do you achieve a mix of clean energy to the satisfaction of all stakeholders?
- What will future electric consumers want and expect from their electric utility?
- Who should lead the transformation, and who should be part of the dialogue?
- What are the key elements of a 21st century energy utility business model?