Please join prominent Maui attorneys and a technology consultant to learn how to protect your valuable business intellectual property assets and guard against competitors and employee mistakes.
Thursday, October 16, 2014
|Registration||9:00 am – 9:30 am|
|Seminar||9:30 am – 12:00 noon|
|Lunch||12:00 noon – 1:00 pm|
|Individual Appointments||1:15 pm – 3:15 pm|
Workshop will be held at
MEDB’s Malcolm Center
1305 N. Holopono Street, Suite 5 in Kihei
Individual Appointments will be held at
Maui Research and Technology Center
590 Lipoa Parkway, Suite #110
- Admission is FREE
- Reservation required
- Space is limited
- Lunch will be provided
What You Will Learn
- How are patents, trademarks, trade secrets and copyrights valuable?
- What are ways to cost-effectively protect intellectual property?
- How can a company protect against outsiders stealing proprietary information and copying ideas?
- How can an employer protect against employees and consultants disclosing confidential information?
- How can a company avoid the risks of social media and portable devices?
- What policies can be in place to control employees’ electronic use and social media use?
- How can an employer protect confidential information without intruding on an employee’s rights?
- How can an employer avoid liability for employees’ computer conduct?
Linda M. Aragon – Attorney at McKeon Imlay Mehling
Practices in the areas of employment law, collective bargaining negotiations, contract enforcement, union governance, and mediation, arbitration and civil litigation.
Shannon S. Imlay – Partner of McKeon Imlay Mehling
She is one of the few patent attorneys in Hawaii, licensed in the United States Patent and Trademark Office, with a practice in intellectual property.
Rebecca O. Filipovic – Attorney at McKeon Imlay Mehling
Practiced extensively in the area of corporate governance, her experience has been predominantly in the areas of corporate governance, business formation, commercial and real estate litigation, and intellectual property.
Erik McFrazier – Founder, owner and lead technician for Computer Hale Inc.
Worked at Verizon, as the IT manager at the Grand Wailea Hotel, and at Four Seasons Resort on Maui, performing IT support and management for these major businesses.
William M. McKeon – Partner of McKeon Imlay Mehling
Counseled clients on Maui and in Hawaii in litigation, arbitrations and mediations and real estate and business transactions for over 30 years.
Keri C. Mehling – Partner at McKeon Imlay Mehling
Practices in the areas of commercial litigation, insurance defense, real estate, construction defects and administrative law; and assists clients in creating business entities and structures for new and growing ventures.
Click here to register: http://hightechmaui.com/confregister/1_form-ip.cfm