Date: Saturday, June 16, 2012
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Seating limited to 30
If you’re new to social media, or starting to think about a social media strategy for your business but don’t know where to start, or just getting your feet wet, or just confused, this workshop is for you. This workshop, or equivalent knowledge, is a required prerequisite for any in-depth workshops in the series.
- Getting started in social media for your business:
- What is social media?
- General principles and mindsets
- The anatomy of a social media strategy
- Do’s and don’t’s
- Social media etiquette
- Why your website and your blog are the same thing
- Introduction to the blog as the website
- Where your blogsite fits into the overall landscape of your social media strategy
- High level introduction to the current popular social networks—setting up accounts, profile management and basic best practices in:
- High level tour of some of the more popular social media apps on the iPhone and iPad.
Laptops welcome, but not required as part of the workshop. Bring them if you like using them to take notes. (These are not follow-along workshops.)